So, you have decided to learn how to play the piano.
Before anything else, it is important that you have your own piano keyboard. Having a personal keyboard is more convenient than borrowing from a friend or relatives. It gives you more freedom to practice and masters your skills. Likewise, you can play the piano at any time of the day at your heart’s content. If you don’t have a piano keyboard, remedy it right away. You can go to Piano Keyboard Reviews right here to see the latest affordable yet high-quality keyboards for beginners in the market.
There are two ways wherein you can learn to play the piano. You can either hire a piano teacher or learn by yourself. Each one has its own advantages and disadvantages; if you are planning to hire a teacher or prefers DIY learning, check out first their pros and cons below.
Hiring a Piano Teacher
- Learn from a Professional- Learning how to play the piano with the help of a piano teacher will make it easier for you. They are more knowledgeable and adept with the instrument. Also, they know some tricks that will help you learn more about the instrument, faster and easier.
- Learn Useful Techniques- A piano teacher knows techniques to help you learn how to play the piano faster. They are more attuned to your level and recognize the perfect method to support you in mastering the skill.
- Costly- Hiring a piano teacher means you need to pay for his or her services. Well-known piano teachers are quite expensive. Thus, you have to look at more affordable piano teachers in your area to save more money.
- Set up a Schedule- You need to compromise your time with the piano teacher you are hiring. If you have a hectic schedule, you have to work it out to spare time with a piano lesson.
Self-Help Piano Tutorials
- Affordable- One thing you can guarantee by DIY piano learning is the affordability it offers. There’s no need for you to pay expensive fees since you can browse the web for piano tutorials. All you need is a keyboard, a personal computer, and strong internet connectivity.
- Convenient- DIY piano lessons are more convenient. You can control your time and location. This kind of set up is ideal for both students and working individuals.
- Accessibility- Piano lessons are all over the internet. You can browse for tutorials on YouTube. There is also a website that offers free piano tutorials which you can download.
- Lack of Professional Guidance- Without a professional support when trying to learn how to play the piano will only consume your time without gaining results.
- Ideal for Adults- DIY learning is only ideal for adults. Children who want to learn to play the piano require more guidance from a professional. Children will harness more of their skills with the support of a piano teacher.
So, do you prefer hiring a piano teacher or do self-tutorials?
Find out more on how to get started on playing the piano from Piano Keyboard Reviews!