More and more people decide to begin running in an attempt to change their lifestyle and become healthier. This is great but the problem is that many of them begin experiencing all sorts of issues, such as shin splints. As a result of this, they lose their determination and eventually stop running, going back to their unhealthy lifestyles. The explanation to this is simple: these people haven’t used proper running shoes, which is why they felt so uncomfortable and developed conditions such as shin splints. The good news is that this can be easily solved with the right pair of running shoes so before you take up running as physical activity to stay fit, please check out the list below and find out how to choose the proper pair of shoes. There are a few tips and tricks to check before you spend your money on a pair of shoes and here’s a short list:
- Keep in mind that a quality running shoe is basically an investment in your health. It is true that a quality running shoe is not going to be cheap but you don’t have to rob a bank either in order to get one. Ask for special membership deals and discounts, as there are plenty of such hidden treasures and you’ll see that you will end up saving a lot.
- A running shoe should be at least half a size or even a whole size up from your normal size. This is because if the shoe fits too right, you’ll deal with blisters and shin splints and the shoe will faster wear off.
- The arch influences your comfort, so look closely at how pronounced the helps of the running shoes which you feel tempted to buy are. A wise purchase is for a heel within 8 to 12 millimeters.
- Buy a shoe which uses a new, innovative cushioning material. These new materials now available on the market are especially designed to have a high level of elasticity; as a result of this, they perfectly match the foot’s movements.
- Don’t leave the store after trying on just one model. Always try on different models, as a fitting session is essential for helping you understand which model best suits you.
I know that there are numerous details to closely look at and I also know that it can be difficult for a beginner not to commit any mistakes. Luckily, there are experts such as the ones at Active Kix who are always happy to help and guide anyone interested in buying running shoes. For example, a shoe that they highly recommend is the XR Mission for women, which provides a high level of comfort, has good traction, is very easy to lace up and provides great padding and support to only name a few of its great features. You should check it out because I know for sure that you will be pleasantly impressed by it. Try it out, see if you feel comfortable in it and buy it. I know that you will be happy with the investment.